We are proud to announce that we just released our newest version: Akeneo PIM 2.0!
With a new user interface, Akeneo PIM 2.0 provides an elegant and intuitive user experience, with navigation optimized to improve efficiency.
While the graphical design has been improved, the system functionality remains the same to ensure ease of use and continuity.
We’ve also simplified and streamlined our Catalog Modeling to more easily manage products with variants in the same way as other products. The logic has evolved to improve workflows on your product catalogs and streamline the way you work with product information.
Technical – news and improvements behind the scenes
On the technical side, we have simplified your day-to-day job and provided new tools for adapting Akeneo to your unique needs:
- Our APIs are improved and extended to match as many requirements as possible;
- Our technical stack is simplified and now has one single storage: no more hassle using MongoDB storage or MySQL storage;
- New and improved tools facilitate the use of the API such as the API documentation website, our brand new API PHP Client, and the Postman collection with our endpoints;
- The migration path from version 1.7 to 2.0 is simplified with a simple, easy to use command line tool;
- And finally, we provide a Docker container that allows you to install the PIM in just one command!
Cloud offer: the Serenity Mode is now available
Releasing Akeneo PIM 2.0 gives us the opportunity to release and present our second Cloud Offer: the Serenity mode.
Akeneo 2.0 Serenity mode provides a turnkey version of the Cloud based Akeneo Enterprise Edition in a plug and play format. It’s ready to use in just a few clicks and allows you to enjoy every feature of Akeneo PIM. And with the Serenity mode, release upgrades are automatic to ensure you benefit from the newest version of your favorite PIM!
In addition, enjoy the convenience of using our trusted extensions from our marketplace and plug your PIM instance into your favorite third party applications!
Find out more about our Cloud offers on our webpage!
New Release Schedule
Akeneo PIM 2.0 is the first release in our new release schedule to give you faster access to our newest features! From now on, we will release a major version every fall, followed by 3 minor versions each quarter.
Like today, each major version will be supported for 18 months. The only exception is Akeneo PIM 1.7 which will be supported for 24 months.
The 2.0 release notes detail the updates and improvements:
We will host a webinar to present and discuss the new Akeneo PIM 2.0, including a review of all the improvements and new features, and a Q&A.
Save the Date! The webinar is scheduled for Tuesday, October 10th, 2017 at 5pm CET.
Please share this information and webinar schedule with your colleagues. But don’t worry if you cannot attend, a recording will be available on our blog and YouTube channel.
We look forward to showing you all the exciting things we have been working on in this new version!
- Partager cet article sur Twitter
- Partager cet article sur LinkedIn
- Partager cet article sur Facebook