Thank you for your interest in the Akeneo open source project being administered by Akeneo, SAS (« Akeneo »). The form of license below is a document that clarifies the terms under which You, the person listed below, may contribute software, bug fixes, configuration changes, documentation, or any other materials that you send to us related to the Project (each a « Contribution ») to the project. We appreciate your participation in our project, and your help in improving the project, so we want you to understand what will be done with the Contributions. This license is for your protection as well as the protection of Akeneo and its licensees; it does not change your rights to use your own Contributions for any other purpose. Please complete the following information about you and the Contributions and sign electronically by filling out the form below.
If you have questions about these terms, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In consideration for the potential inclusion of Your Contributions in the Akeneo Product and the license back, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The term « Your Contributions » means all of your past, present and future contributions of object code, source code and documentation to Akeneo, however submitted to the Akeneo, excluding any submissions that are conspicuously marked or otherwise designated in writing by you as « Not a Contribution. »
- You assign all right, title and interest worldwide in all patents, inventions copyrights and related moral rights (« IP Rights ») for the full term of their existence in and to Your Contributions to Akeneo and Akeneo shall be able to record this assignment. If the moral rights are not assignable, you agree to waive their enforcement against Akeneo and its sublicensees, either direct or indirect. However, at the same time, Akeneo grants to you a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty free, transferable IP Rights license to reproduce, prepare derivative works of, distribute (internally and externally, in object code and, if included in Your Contributions, source code form), make, use, sell, offer for sale, publicly perform and publicly display Your Contributions, with the right to sublicense all of these rights through multiple tiers of sublicensees. The intention of the parties is that this license will be as broad as possible and to provide you with rights as similar as possible to the rights of the owner of the IP Rights. This license is limited to Your Contributions and does not provide any rights to the Akeneo Products.
- You represent that you are legally entitled to assign the rights and grant the license set forth in paragraph 2. If your employer(s) or third parties have rights to intellectual property that you create, you represent that you have received permission to make Your Contributions on behalf of that employer or third party, or that your employer or that third party has waived such rights for Your Contributions to Akeneo.
- You represent that, except as disclosed in Your Contribution submission(s), each of Your Contributions is your original creation. You represent that Your Contribution submission(s) include complete details of any license or other restriction (including, but not limited to, related patents, copyrights and trademarks) associated with any part of Your Contribution(s) (including a copy of any applicable license agreement). You agree to notify Akeneo of any facts or circumstances of which you become aware that would make your representations in this Agreement inaccurate in any respect.
- You provided Your Contributions AS IS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND AND DISCLAIMS THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Similarly, the license back to Your Contributions are provided AS IS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND AND DISCLAIMS THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT
- IN NO EVENT SHALL EITHER PARTY BE LIABLE TO ANYONE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS, EVEN IF THE PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- IN NO EVENT WILL YOU OR Akeneo HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIM, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY.